FULL NAME: Robert J. Cousy
BORN: August 9, 1928 New York, New York
He was All-New York city in 1946 at Andrew Jackson High School in St. Albans High School in St. Albans, New York.
- He went on to star at Holy Cross, where he was an All-American for 3 years (1948-1950), Team MVP for two years (1949 & 1950), Team Captain for one year (1950).
- After college, he went on to play with the Boston Celtics, where he enjoyed five consecutive NBA titles (1959-63).
- All-NBA First Team selection for 10 years in a row.
- Held 13 playoff records.
- Cousy was a member of six NBA championship teams (1957, 1959, 1960-63)
- Played in 13 consecutive All-Star games and captured MVP honors in 1954 and 1957.
- Had 6,955 assists and 16,960 lifetime points scored.
- Known as one of the most spectacular passers to ever play the game.
- Coached professionally from 1969-1974.
- Selected for the 25th, 35th and 50th NBA anniversary All-Time Teams.
- In 1999, ESPN selected Cousy as #94 on the Sports Century top 100 athletes list.