- Academy Award nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role - "Leave Her to Heaven" (1945)
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
1920 - Born in Brooklyn, New York
1938 - Makes her Broadway debut in "Mrs. O'Brien Entertains"
1940 - Signs on to 20th Century Fox after meeting Darryl F. Zanuck
- Stars opposite Henry Fonda in the film "The Return of Frank James"
- Receives her first major role in the film "Tobacco Road"
1941 - Marries fashion designer Oleg Cassini
- Appears on the cover of LIFE magazine
1942 - Is the guest of honor in a spectacle put on for Marines stationed in San Francisco
1943 - Gives birth to her first daughter, Antoinette Daria Cassini
1944 - Films "Laura"
1945 - Films "Leave Her to Heaven"
- Nominated for an Academy Award for her role in "Leave Her to Heaven"
1946 - Meets John F. Kennedy while shooting "Dragonwyck"
- Films "The Razor's Edge"
1948 - Gives birth to her second daughter, Christina "Tina" Cassini
1960 - Marries Howard Lee
1961 - Is offered a part in "Return to Peyton Place" but is forced to turn it down due to pregnancy, which eventually ends in miscarriage
1962 - Attends a private showing of "Advise and Consent" along with her husband at the White House
1986 - Guest of Honor at the International Film Festival of San Sebastian, Spain
1991 - Passes away in Houston, Texas