Fingal O’Flahertie Wills Wilde
Birth date: October 16, 1854
Birth place: Dublin, Ireland
Death date: November 30, 1900
Death place: Paris, France
Burial: La Pére Lachaise Cemetery, Paris, France
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Grey
High school: Portora Royal School
College: Trinity College, Magdalen College
Occupation: Playwright, novelist, poet, editor
Parents: Sir William Wilde and Jane Francesca Elgee
Siblings: Henry, Emily, Mary, William, Isola
Spouse: Constance Lloyd
Children: Cyril and Vyvyan
Did you know?
• Although a proficient and versatile writer, Wilde only wrote one novel during his lifetime: “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” published
• Possessed three middle names at birth.
• Went on a lecture tour throughout the United States, London and Canada to teach
aesthetic values in 1879.
• Regarded as one of the greatest playwrights of the Victorian Era, Wilde wrote
and produced nine plays.
• Nine biographies have been written on Wilde since his death, one of them by
his grandson, Merlin Holland, in 1997.
• Several biographical films, television series and stage plays have been produced
on the life of Oscar Wilde since 1960.